December 25, 2009

Certificate of Occupancy

WE DID IT: Certificate of Occupancy

For those of you that know a thing or two about building, you know that the Certificate of Occupancy (CO) is the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. We got ours on Christmas Eve. Our goal was to get our CO before Christmas, AND WE DID IT! Here are a few pictures of the house, though we still a few touch ups like crown moulding on the cabinets and a couple touch up paint places.


This is the front of the house. Landscaping is the next project on the list.

This is our office. Danny helped us put a wainscot around the bottom. Looks awesome!

Here is our master vanity. I picked out the wrong color of light fixtures. I was supposed to get the oil rubbed bronze fixtures, so these will be going back to Lowes.

Master tub. This is where Steph will be spending most of her time. We installed 2 different types of mood lighting above it for her.



Master shower. Not sure why there is two shower heads in there. (One is around the corner.)



Master closet.




Laundry room.


This is the Kitchen arch. Not quite done with the crown, that is tomorrow's project.


This is half of the kid's bath. The other side is the exact same just couldn't fit it in the picture.

Danny made this railing look sexy. Steph and I helped, but he did most of the work. It is a natural black glaze on cherry.

This is the entertainment arch. Our entertainment center will go under the arch.

This is the garage. We (Danny and I) had to put up this railing to pass the CO inspection. I was up till 12:30am that night.



Half bath.



This is our kitchen, desk, and laundry granite.


This is the garage.

This is the front.

This is our deck. Not quite done with the deck coating.



This is Bertha's room. Bertha is our imaginary child. It is a funny inside joke that made it easy to talk about the rooms when we were building the house. Dick's room is not shown.

This is the back of the house. We just finished the stucco on the retaining wall on the left side of the picture. Wish us luck with moving. That will be next week on top of closing on the house, working, finishing the touch ups, and finishing my CPE for my CPA which all has to be done before the 31st. Uuuugggggg! It never ends. :)

12 comments:

karlee said...

HOORAY!!!! I want to see this tomorrow! I'm so excited for you two.

Big Bad Brett said...

Looks great and congrats! Good luck with all your upcoming endeavors

tegner two said...

AMAZING!!! goodluck w/ EVERYTHING!

Judy said...

Beautiful home. You have all done an amazing job with it.

Nicole said...

It looks incredible!! Can't wait to see it in person. Nice work you guys! Love ya

Cathy said...

LOVED IT ALL BUT THE LADDER IN THE KITCHEN. i HAVE ISSUES WITH THAT PARTICULAR LADDER. NICE WORK. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT AGAIN

Cathy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jill said...

It is so big! Plenty of room for all the out of towners you will get living in St. George. Can't wait to see it, though it might be a while until we travel. Congratulations!!

Nettie Martin said...

LOVE IT! Holy Smokes!!! You guys are amazing! It's just a tad bit bigger than the place of 13th =) Congrats!

Kody and Stacie Rogers said...

Your house is AMAZING.
668-1515
Is that wierd? Well I guess that sums up how bad I really need adult interraction. Kody is gone for like 6 weeks, not good.
Can't wait for our date!

Manda Lynn said...

dick and bertha please.

Zac & Sarah said...

Dick and Bertha will be very happy there, Amanda. :) Ha. All i really want to say is, RAILING ON THE RETAINING WALL! Yay. Dick and Bertha will now not only be happy, but safe. :) Precious little imaginary children. Actually, I must say, when I imagine Dick and Bertha they have big noses and horrible moles on their faces. Probably best not to name you real children after them. LOVE YOU GUYS!!! I really want to see your home, sadly I don't think that will be happening anytime soon. Oh, life in Logan. *sigh*