March 10, 2012

Pregnancy {Week 26}


First, I must preamble this post with HOLY SMOKES that is only 11 days of growth between week 25 and 26. I am now officially owning The Bump.

I am really enjoying being pregnant. Thus far it hasn't been too bad. Every week I am able to say "I'm doing great!" means I have one less week of potentially SUPER uncomfortable-ness. Which is quickly approaching.

So, here is my laundry list of potentially uncomfortable pregnancy symptoms that have reared their head readily this week.

**My aching back. I anticipated this to be a late pregnancy issue. The farther out I grow, the more my back doesn't quite know how to handle my new posture. So far I've been able to cure this issue with baths, heating pads, not sitting or standing for too long, good shoes, stretching, and carefully chosen sleep positions.

**The waddle. I was utterly unaware that I was compensating for my shift of weight and equilibrium by widening my stance and taking small shuffling steps. I was informed of this hilarious new gait when I waddled down my front door stairs and Ben automatically held onto me worried I was going to fall. When I asked why he grasped me, he said I was doing a new waddle-walk. Now having paid more mind to the whole situation...he is right, I am now a wide-stanced duck walker.

**Belly Coaster. Not being able to sleep great is a well-known pregnancy side effect. I just didn't predict that I wouldn't fall asleep because of fascination with watching my rippling belly. T-Rex rolls around like a maniac around 10-11 p.m. and I can't keep my eyes off of the little (and getting bigger) movements happening. They are yet to be uncomfy, just really cool to feel and watch, but I'm sure as he gets bigger and stronger, they will too.

**Rubber Band Pants. Maternity pants don't fit me...yet. My regular pants don't fit me...anymore. Enter the rubber band trick, the stretchy belly band coverup, leggings, anything made of spandex or stretch poly. One of my students recently noted that she saw my pants were held by a rubber band. Oh golly. Every day the getting ready process is a pro-cess! I'm quickly finding my favorite choices and am growing into a new wardrobe.

Though many of the symptoms could be considered complaints, I really try and enjoy each moment - pain or not. This is a fun phase of life, and getting here wasn't easy, so regardless if I'm tired, sick or can't sleep...I am thrilled for little man to arrive, so I'll take it, all of it. (Except maybe some of those maternity clothes options....simply awful.)

2 comments:

JavaArm said...

so excited for you Stephanie and Ben!! You look great and so thankful that you are doing so well! :D

Jill said...

Pregnancy is so sexy. Maternity clothes+waddling+thebelly=pure sexiness. Own it. You look it.